Company: Archway Housing and Services
Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: Lakewood, Colorado
Reports to: Maintenance Technician
Direct reports: N/A
Type: Full-time, W2
About Archway: Archway Housing is a Non-Profit 501(c)(3) housing development and property management organization. Its Mission is “to change lives by providing housing and related supportive services that engender a safe environment and teach community skills for families and persons with very low to moderate incomes.”
Currently serves residents in 641 units in 10 properties in Metro Denver and in Fountain, CO (outside of Colorado Springs). These households are primarily in the 30%, 40%, 50% ranges of the Area Median Income, with a few at 60% of AMI. Continuously seeks to add housing units to its inventory through development of new properties using the Federal LIHTC program.
A very important aspect of our work is a service component that assists adult and child residents to become ever more self-sufficient.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform maintenance to ensure the community areas are in proper condition.
- Remove and dispose of garbage on community grounds, in common areas and at the entrance to maintain appearance standards.
- Perform regular inventories of maintenance and supplies.
- Maintain order and appearance of storage areas and maintenance shop.
- Comply with OSHA safety regulations to reduce accident occurrences and to protect residents, the company, team members and vendors.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance service on a timely basis i.e. furnace filters, smoke alarm batteries.
- Schedule and perform duties needed to turn vacant units in a timely manner for leasing.
- Remain available for “on-call” duties as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work professionally and respectfully with all other staff.
- Build and maintain valuable resident relationships and vendor relationships.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Basic computer and mobile device skills
- Understand operation of basic maintenance tools
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation
- Knowledge of plumbing, electrical, appliance repairs, HVAC, drywall, and carpentry is a plus.
- Ability to efficiently perform job responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lift or to move up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to various chemical compounds
A. The pay range for this role begins at $20 per hour and goes to $25 per hour depending on experience.
B. Archway provides Health and Dental insurance with the company paying 80% of the cost.
C. Archway provides a Vision plan, the company pays the full amount of this coverage.
D. Archway provides a 401k retirement plan. We currently do not provide matching funds.
E. Archway provides 12 paid holidays per year, including 3 floating holidays.
F. Full-time employees accumulate one day of paid sick leave for each month worked, after their first 30 days of full employment. Unused sick leave accumulates from year to year up to a maximum of 60 working days.
G. Full-time employees in their first three years of continuous employment will accrue vacation time at 3.08 hours per pay period. For a Full-Time employee working 40 hours per week, this equals 80 hours, or two-weeks of vacation per year.
H. Prior to hire, an Employee Handbook detailing these and other benefits will be made available to newly hired employees.
Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About Archway Housing and Services
The mission of Archway Housing & Services, Inc. is to change lives by providing housing and related supportive services that engender a safe environment and teach community skills for families with low to moderate incomes.
Our goal is to build healthier communities by offering quality affordable housing with services that enhance the social and economic well-being of families in Metro Denver.
Our inclusiveness initiative, funded through The Denver Foundation, is part of our effort to build our organizational capacity by focusing on how we can continue to effectively address the need for affordable housing in a diverse community.
Archway Housing & Services, Inc. pledges to not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or military status in any of its activities or operations.
About Recruiting Firm, Riderflex
Riderflex is a national, Colorado based, premier headhunter, RPO and employment agency; recruiting and searching the top talent for staffing your teams.
Our core purpose is to help create dynamic work environments for clients and candidates. We specialize in three core competencies; recruiting, consulting, and candidate services. Our recruiting process includes vetting candidates through video interviews by current C-Level executives with over 30 years of experience. We recruit for all industries and functions, from the C-Suite to Manager level, nationwide. Riderflex brings your leadership to the next level with consulting services including Human Resources, Marketing, IT, Sales, Finance, and Operations.
Follow our company page on LinkedIn so you never miss an update or current job opportunities!
Listen to the Riderflex Podcast - Career Advice and Job Interviewing Tips