Senior Staff Backend Engineer
Title: Senior Staff Backend Engineer
We're looking for a Staff-level Software Engineer to join the mParticle team! As a Software Engineer with a focus on Performance, you will work together with a team of other backend engineers, product managers, and designers to adapt the mParticle data pipeline, which processes 10+ billion daily requests at low latency, to serve the next 10,000 engineering teams.
At mParticle, everyone is equal. They believe strongly in their values and are looking for someone who demonstrates empathy and sincerity to all roles and teammates.
- Architect and implement complex new data processing features that are highly performant, reliable, and cost-effective. Efficiently scan and process petabytes of data to drive analytics.
- Work with highly scalable data processing concepts such as message queuing, multi-threaded code, and sharding, among others.
- Analyze complex systems to identify areas of improvement. Coding and performance tuning of a large-scale distributed system requires creativity and a deep technical repertoire.
- Drive mParticle's engineering culture through continual research, self-improvement, and internal presentation. Provide technical project leadership using Agile methodologies. Mentor engineers in healthy best practices.
- Identify, plan, and execute key infrastructure initiatives. Monitor, diagnose, and optimize cloud costs, performance, and reliability.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field with 7+ years of professional hands-on experience developing software, preferably in a SaaS or PaaS environment using .Net technologies.
- 3+ years of professional AWS / Distributed System experience
- Containerization (Docker)
- SQL / RDBMS
- NoSQL such as Cassandra, Scylla, Aerospike, DynamoDb
- Messaging (Kakfa, Pulsar, SQS)
- S3, Lambda, ECS, Kubernetes (K8s), ElasticSearch/ELK stack
- AWS Networking Concepts/Costs
- Understanding of web services development principles and high-volume applications requiring 24/7 uptime.
- Demonstrated technical / project leadership using Agile/Scrum.
*Unfortunately, mParticle is unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
Employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What’s in it for you:
- 100% company-paid health care (medical, dental, vision) for employees enrolled in our baseline plan with affordable cost-sharing options for your dependents. We make certain you’re protected, have the options you need for care, and that it’s affordable for all.
- If you’re enrolled in our high deductible plan, we fully cover your deductible through annual Health Savings Account contributions which are yours to keep. This is for both individuals and for those with dependents.
- A truly flexible work environment with unlimited vacation, 11 paid company holidays, and quarterly mental health reboot days. This also includes a hybrid work model that provides you the opportunity to design your work in ways that support you and your family.
- Free mental health coverage through our partnership with BetterHelp which provides you and your dependents with unlimited counseling sessions - all at no cost to you.
- An ownership culture where everyone receives stock options and can fully participate in mParticle’s success.
- Parental leave for maternity (12 paid weeks) and paternity (6 paid weeks) and real encouragement to take that time to bond as a family.
- Generous wellness programs, learning and development opportunities, pet insurance for our furry family members, and so much more!
- Here at mParticle we embrace the differences that make us unique. We are dedicated to building an inclusive environment that fosters respect and celebrates an array of backgrounds and perspectives.
mParticle is the leading independent customer data platform. They are focused on the infrastructure layer of a Company’s growth stack. Developers, engineers, product managers, and marketers choose mParticle to simplify the flow of customer data between systems and applications, breaking down data silos and improving customer experiences. They work with big players and small, fueling the customer success of brands like Starbucks, NBC Universal, Spotify, and Airbnb. They are growing fast and offer smart, talented individuals an opportunity to be high-impact players as we scale and achieve their vision for being the world leader in this space. They care deeply about culture and their people, creating a place where you can do your best work and love doing it!
Recognized as one of Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in New York City and one of Wealthfront Career Launching companies of 2021!
About Recruiting Firm, Riderflex
Riderflex is a national, Colorado based, premier headhunter, RPO and employment agency; recruiting and searching the top talent for staffing your teams.
Our core purpose is to help create dynamic work environments for clients and candidates. We specialize in three core competencies; recruiting, consulting, and candidate services. Our recruiting process includes vetting candidates through video interviews by current C-Level executives with over 30 years of experience. We recruit for all industries and functions, from the C-Suite to Manager level, nationwide. Riderflex brings your leadership to the next level with consulting services including Human Resources, Marketing, IT, Sales, Finance, and Operations.
Follow our company page on LinkedIn so you never miss an update or current job opportunities!
Listen to the Riderflex Podcast - Career Advice and Job Interviewing Tips