- Marietta, GA
- Full Time
- Entry Level
Recruiting Firm, Riderflex has been hired by our client, Olistica, to find their Production Technician!
Company: Olistica (Advanced Nutrition)
Industry: Dietary Supplements, Botanical Products Manufacturing
Title: Production Technician
Location: Marietta, GA
Hours: 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM, overtime as needed
Reports to: Production Supervisor
Compensation: Starts at $18 per hour
The production Technician is responsible for preparing pre-production materials and ingredients. This includes all prepping, mixing, processing, handling, and storage of said materials and ingredients.
- Responsible for processing all specified materials and ingredients before the final product manufacturing process.
- Must wear PPE at all times inside the warehouse and production areas. This includes lab coats, n-95 masks, gloves, shoe covers, and hair smocks if deemed necessary.
- Prepare the material processing workstation with all necessary processing components. This includes preparing machinery, product materials, bags, zip ties and weight scales.
- While processing material, the production technician is responsible for upholding the highest quality standards according to our internal SOP program and cGMP. This requires visually and physically inspecting materials before, during, and after processing has commenced.
- The production technician will be trained to work together with the quality control technicians to ensure quality deviations are caught, corrected, and even prevented. This is to ensure that acceptable quality levels are met during the materials processing phase and also kept within acceptable limits after processing is complete.
- Must properly operate material processing equipment, this includes large manufacturing equipment such as scales, measuring apparatus, and semi-automated programmed machines.
- Must measure, weigh, mix, and process materials according to SOP.
- Must bag, seal, and label processed product and prepare for pre-production inspection.
- Must expedite processed product to its designated pre-production staging area or storage area
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the material processing room and designated workstation.
- Responsible for the breakdown, cleaning, and assembling of manufacturing equipment, including machines, scales, and utensils.
- Responsible for upholding safety standards and protocols throughout the entirety of scheduled work shift.
- Responsible for communicating processing needs/issues to their immediate supervisor.
- Responsible for communicating in-process material defects/issues to quality staff and supervisor.
- Responsible for minimizing waste during material processing phase.
- Responsible for performing other duties as requested or assigned by management.
Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Skills and Specifications
- Possesses strong attention to detail skills
- Possesses strong listening and communication skills
- Requires ability to lift 50+lbs on a regular and consistent basis
- Possesses ability to work well with others and exude a high level of professionalism
- Ability to use basic measurement tools such as hand and floor scales
- Ability to be cross trained in other positions if needed
- Medical Benefits
- Vacation PTO
The Olistica Life Sciences Group is dedicated to the advancement of innovative, sustainable solutions derived from nature. Their primary goal is to improve the human experience through natural products or via pathways lent by nature. Olistica companies apply industry-leading capabilities across a range of areas, including practical materials, feedstock alternatives, health and nutrition. They are a fully integrated biotechnology company focused on the research and development, manufacturing, and distribution of natural therapeutics and high-quality plant-based derivatives.
About Recruiting Firm, Riderflex
Riderflex is a global recruiting and consulting firm. Our core purpose is to help create dynamic work environments for clients and candidates. We specialize in three core competencies; recruiting, consulting and candidate services. Our recruiting process includes vetting candidates through video interviews by current C-Level executives with over 30 years of experience. We recruit for all industries and functions, from the C-Suite to Manager level, nationwide. Riderflex brings your leadership to the next level with consulting services including Human Resources, Marketing, IT, Sales, Finance and Operations.
Who We Are
Listen to the Riderflex Podcast - Career Advice and Job Interviewing Tips