New to Mining Heavy Equipment Operators - Denver
Recruiting Firm, Riderflex has been hired by our client, Thiess, to find their Heavy Equipment Operator!
Industry: Mining Services
Title: Heavy Equipment Operator
Location: Project in the Greater Denver area - Fly In Fly Out
Thiess is an 85-year-old, enduring company! Started in Australia, today, Thiess is a $4 billion world-class, global organization specializing in mining services and technology. With 12,000 employees and growing, our workforce has the skills, experience, and resourcefulness to realize opportunities, respond to project challenges, and add value to clients’ needs. The USA is an important part of our future and we’re pleased to be building our business with its unique approach to the contract mining industry in Salt Lake City, Utah, and the surrounding Western States.
We prioritize an inclusive workplace through our diversity and inclusion vision – everyone matters always.
A culture of inclusion creates an environment where people can bring their best selves to work because they feel safe, empowered, and valued members of our team. This respect for differences in people, thoughts, skills, experiences, and backgrounds then drives excellence and innovation.
Our advocacy for diversity and inclusion is governed by a global strategy that focuses on gender equality, first nation peoples, cultural diversity, and an inclusive culture. To support real and sustainable change, this is brought to life by our annual country action plans.
We consider the cultural and physical environments we provide; implement training, development, and pathway programs; create employment opportunities; and build strategic partnerships. Thiess respects the history of Indigenous communities and the contributions their people make to society. We seek to foster authentic, long-term relationships with Indigenous people in the communities in which we operate.
Thiess is seeking Heavy Equipment Operators to support our mining team on our Project site near Denver, Colorado. The Heavy Equipment Operator will be responsible for the safe operation of mining equipment, including haul truck, water truck, dozer, grader, and other miscellaneous equipment. Thiess is also seeking shovel, backhoe, and loader operators posted separately
Your main responsibilities as Heavy Equipment Operator are:
- Under direct supervision, the Heavy Equipment Operator performs earthmoving and support duties in a Mining environment.
- Observes and follow all safety rules and procedures, including wearing PPE.
- Job tasks, correctly performed, impact indirectly cost containment, efficiency, profitability, or operations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
- Experience operating large equipment
- Transferrable construction equipment, veteran or military operations experience considered.
- Valid driver's license and a clean driving record
- Authorization to work lawfully in the USA without sponsorship from Thiess is required
- Work with other project employees to meet the project's safety, environment, and production targets
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results within a team environment with minimal supervision at times.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- High level of attention to detail and excellent follow-up skills
- The ability to work in a team environment
- Mining or heavy industrial construction experience is considered an asset
- Ability and willingness to work different schedules on-site based on project needs
- 5 or more years of experience in heavy equipment, or related industry
- Post-high school training in a related area
- At Thiess, we have a One HSE culture and want to ensure everyone is safe every day: employees, families, and society. We are committed to our employee's health and wellness including the prevention of illness. Although optional, we have a preference that all Thiess employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 and other serious illnesses.
- Work schedule: 7 on / 7 off, rotating 12-hour shifts (days and nights)
- Fly-In-Fly-Out (FIFO) – Preference for a candidate who lives near Denver, Colorado.
What we offer
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority. Our safety-first culture guides our overarching objective - to keep everyone safe every day.
- A permanent position working directly for Thiess.
- A competitive base salary is reflective of your skills and experience with project premiums and bonuses.
- $23/hour + $7/hour Project Allowance Premium.
- Comprehensive medical benefits including private health insurance with 100% premium coverage for the employees and competitively subsidized private health insurance for immediate family.
- 401K retirement savings benefit with employer matching contributions.
- Career development and opportunities locally, domestic within the US, and potentially globally.
- Leave for all of life’s reasons.
- Preference for a candidate who lives near Denver, CO. Fly In Fly Out (FIFO)
- Work schedule: 7 on / 7 off, rotating 12-hour shifts (days and nights).
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Thiess is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.
At Thiess we have a One HSE culture and want to ensure everyone is safe everyday: employees, families and society. We are committed to our employees' health and wellness including the prevention of illness. Although optional, we have a preference that all Thiess employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 and other serious illnesses.
About Recruiting Firm, Riderflex
Riderflex is a global recruiting and consulting firm. Our core purpose is to help create dynamic work environments for clients and candidates. We specialize in three core competencies; recruiting, consulting and candidate services. Our recruiting process includes vetting candidates through video interviews by current C-Level executives with over 30 years of experience. We recruit for all industries and functions, from the C-Suite to Manager level, nationwide. Riderflex brings your leadership to the next level with consulting services including Human Resources, Marketing, IT, Sales, Finance and Operations.
Follow our company page on LinkedIn so you never miss an update or current job opportunities!
Listen to the Riderflex Podcast - Career Advice and Job Interviewing Tips!