- Marietta, GA
- Full Time
- Entry Level
Recruiting Firm, Riderflex has been hired by our client, Olistica, to find their Packaging Technician!
Company: Olistica (Advanced Nutrition)
Industry: Dietary Supplements, Botanical Products Manufacturing
Title: Packaging Technician
Location: Marietta, GA
Hours: 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM, overtime as needed
Reports to: Production Supervisor
Compensation: Starts at $18 per hour
The Packaging Technician is responsible for the process of packing finished goods. This process includes all prepping, packing, handling, and storing of all products produced in the manufacturing warehouse.
- Responsible for the entire packaging process of manufactured finished goods.
- Must wear PPE at all times inside the warehouse and production areas. This includes lab coats, n-95 masks, gloves, shoe covers, and hair smocks if deemed necessary.
- Prepare the designated packaging room workstation with packaging components on a daily basis to accommodate for scheduled production output. This includes bags, boxes, zip ties, packaging tape, and pallets.
- During production, the packaging technician is responsible for upholding the highest quality standards according to our internal SOP program and cGMP. This requires visually and physically inspecting finished goods during the packaging process.
- The packaging technician will be trained to work together with the quality control technicians to ensure quality deviations are caught, corrected and even prevented. This is to ensure that acceptable quality levels are met during the manufacturing process and kept within the acceptable limits of the final product specifications.
- Must bag, seal, and label finished goods according to SOP and weight specifications.
- Must package the bags in a box, then seal and label according to SOP. Once bagging and boxing is complete, the finished goods box is to be placed on a designated pallet in preparation for finished product inspection.
- Must wrap the completed pallet with plastic wrap and expedite them from the packaging room into the warehouse in preparation for storage.
Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Skills and Specifications
- Possesses strong attention to detail skills
- Possesses strong listening and communication skills
- Requires ability to lift 50+lbs on a regular and consistent basis
- Possesses ability to work well with others and exude a high level of professionalism
- Ability to use basic measurement tools such as hand and floor scales
- Ability to be cross trained in other positions if needed
- Medical Benefits
- Vacation PTO
The Olistica Life Sciences Group is dedicated to the advancement of innovative, sustainable solutions derived from nature. Their primary goal is to improve the human experience through natural products or via pathways lent by nature. Olistica companies apply industry-leading capabilities across a range of areas, including practical materials, feedstock alternatives, health and nutrition. They are a fully integrated biotechnology company focused on the research and development, manufacturing, and distribution of natural therapeutics and high-quality plant-based derivatives.
About Recruiting Firm, Riderflex
Riderflex is a global recruiting and consulting firm. Our core purpose is to help create dynamic work environments for clients and candidates. We specialize in three core competencies; recruiting, consulting and candidate services. Our recruiting process includes vetting candidates through video interviews by current C-Level executives with over 30 years of experience. We recruit for all industries and functions, from the C-Suite to Manager level, nationwide. Riderflex brings your leadership to the next level with consulting services including Human Resources, Marketing, IT, Sales, Finance and Operations.
Who We Are
Listen to the Riderflex Podcast - Career Advice and Job Interviewing Tips