- Longmont, CO
- Full Time
- Mid Level
Recruiting Firm, Riderflex has been hired by our client,Haystack Mountain Creamery , to find their next Lead Cheesemaker.
Company: Haystack Mountain Creamery
Industry: Food Production
Title: Lead Cheesemaker
Location: Longmont, CO
Are you an experienced cheesemaker looking to work alongside an internationally acclaimed and multi award winning Head Cheesemaker? Do you have a passion for leading teams? Haystack Mountain Creamery is GROWING! They are an award-winning artisanal cheese company located in Longmont, Colorado. Jackie Chang is our Head Cheesemaker and has received 80 awards over the last 18 years including the “Best Cheese in America” at the 2017 World Cheese Awards in London. She is excited to expand the team and share her expansive knowledge. As the team continues to grow, they are adding a talented Lead Cheesemaker to the team.
Locally owned and operated since 1989, Haystack Mountain Creamery produces an internationally recognized, premium selection of handcrafted raw and pasteurized cheeses. Their cheeses exhibit exceptionally fresh, clean flavors and textures—a direct result of the pure, high-quality goat and cow’s milk and the skill of the team.
Haystack Mountain Creamery is seeking a full-time, long-term Lead Cheesemaker. The preferred applicant has a passion for cheese making and a desire to lead and mentor the team to do all tasks necessary to make excellent cheese in an artisanal environment.
Haystack is proud to be a non-union shop with a history of making fine cheeses for over 30 years where all respect and entitlements are earned through hard work and success. Applicants must have experience in making Cheddars, Jacks, and bloomy rind cheeses in an artisanal environment. Food Safety knowledge and experience making raw milk cheeses are a plus.
Essentials Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the entire cheese team to ensure a smooth and enjoyable working atmosphere
- Work with Jackie to produce existing cheeses, but also develop new, exciting cheeses
- Understand and follow SOP processes for each cheese make
- Prepare ingredients and record lot numbers on make sheets
- Complete cleaning records, lab records, and any other assigned documents
- Record pH, temperature, moisture on product to control the process
- Ensure proper CIP and cleaning of all pipes, hoses, pumps, vats, and any equipment used
- Work with the quality team to ensure all procedures, GMPs, safety, quality, sanitation plans and samples are collected and provided for Quality Assurance, as needed
- Produce delicious, mouthwatering cheeses!
- Flexible work schedule
- 18 years or older
- 3+ years of dairy plant experience
- Passion for mentoring junior team members
- Pays attention to detail and has excellent organizational skills
- Works independently and in small groups
- Can perform basic math skills
- Effectively communicates and actively listens
- Aspires to produce quality work at a swift pace
- Can multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Has a willing attitude to learn and grow
Essential Physical Requirements
Working in a manufacturing or warehouse environment, you will be walking, standing, and engaging in movement throughout the day, and occasionally required to lift items weighing up to 50 lbs.
Compensation & Benefits
Pay range: $23 – $30 per hour
Starting Date: Position to start ASAP
Benefits: Medical insurance, savings plan
About Recruiting Firm, Riderflex
Riderflex is a national, Colorado based, premier headhunter, RPO and employment agency; recruiting and searching the top talent for staffing your teams.
Our core purpose is to help create dynamic work environments for clients and candidates. We specialize in three core competencies; recruiting, consulting, and candidate services. Our recruiting process includes vetting candidates through video interviews by current C-Level executives with over 30 years of experience. We recruit for all industries and functions, from the C-Suite to Manager level, nationwide. Riderflex brings your leadership to the next level with consulting services including Human Resources, Marketing, IT, Sales, Finance, and Operations.
Who We Are
Listen to the Riderflex Podcast - Career Advice and Job Interviewing Tips