Recruiting Firm, Riderflex has been hired by our client, Emrgy, to find a Lead Machinist.
Industry: Renewable Energy
Title: Lead Machinist
Location: Denver, CO
Reports to: Director of Manufacturing
Direct reports: #1-4
Type: “Full-Time, W-2”
Salary: $70,0000 - $83,000 annually
Are you passionate about the energy transition and global decarbonization? Do you want to participate in
the bold paradigm shift to bring distributed hydropower to global customers? We’d love to connect with
ABOUT THE ROLE
Emrgy is seeking a Lead Machinist to be responsible for the CNC machining process of hydrokinetic turbine generator units. This position is expected to support the assembly and welding processes that follow. This individual will train and direct other machinists.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- This position will primarily support the machining process for our new hydrokinetic turbine-generator manufacturing at our Denver, CO, manufacturing/assembly facility.
- Review samples, drawings, or instructions to understand the specifications of the output
- Plan the sequence of necessary actions for the completion of a job
- Take measurements and mark material for cutting or shaping
- Determine and program the size of batches, speed of the machine, etc.
- Monitor the machine while working to adjust the feed, maintain temperature and identify issues
- Check output to ensure consistency with specifications and discard defects
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
- Perform routine machine maintenance and repair minor damages
- Creates documentation as needed (SOPs, Job Aids, PM Improvements, etc.).
- Support quality control and other functions as assigned at our manufacturing/assembly facility
- Mentor and train junior technicians.
- No Travel Required
The successful candidate will have demonstrated success in. The candidate should also have strong troubleshooting skills, grit, and be comfortable in a dynamic environment.
EMRGY WOULD LIKE TO TALK WITH YOU IF YOU HAVE:
- Proven experience as a machinist using Haas machinery
- Experience in using and/or programming manual, semi-automated or automated tools and machines (lathes, grinders, etc.)
- Proficiency in using MasterCAM programming
- Proficiency in CAD software and Solidworks
- Ability to use precision tools (e.g., calipers) to take accurate measurements
- Knowledge of the properties of metal and other material
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and manuals
- Good at math with analytical abilities
- Physical stamina and strength to lift heavy items
- High school diploma or equivalent; completion of vocational training or an apprenticeship will be an asset.
- Proficiency in general manufacturing safety, including lockout/tag-out procedures.
YOU WILL THRIVE AT EMRGY IF YOU ARE ABLE TO:
- Work well under pressure while maintaining multiple priorities
- Embrace the culture of a fast-paced, high-growth potential company
- Take the initiative to implement innovative strategies from the ground up
- Excel in developing processes and procedures without existing legacy programs
Emrgy offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package:
Emrgy is an alternative, renewable energy company focused on long-term sustainability. Emrgy is growing its team and is seeking leaders to join our capitalized Atlanta startup aiming to advance the frontier of distributed renewable energy generation. We want entrepreneurial game changers, self-starters, and team players that want to be part of solving global problems in a fast-changing environment.
WHAT THEY DO
Emrgy provides clean energy generation by placing hydrokinetic turbines in canals. This is a multi-billion-dollar opportunity in North America alone. The Company’s 5-20 kW modular hydropower turbines integrate flexibly into megawatt scale arrays within existing canals to generate continuous renewable electric power using innovative hardware and software technology. Emrgy’s distributed hydropower solution embodies the same attributes that have made the wind and solar power industries grow exponentially over the past several decades: modularity and flexibility. Emrgy is preparing for significant sales with committed municipal and utility customers and growing project development interest. This expansion builds upon four years of product engineering, over $6 million in Federally sponsored R&D funding, a partnership with GE Renewables, and growing customer engagements.
Our passion is to deliver sustainable, renewable energy when and where it’s needed most. Diverse backgrounds with shared values inspire us to be bold, speak openly and cultivate ideas to deliver the best solutions where they are needed. If you celebrate the unique value our differences deliver, you will find a home at Emrgy.
About Recruiting Firm, Riderflex
Riderflex is a national, Colorado-based, premier headhunter, RPO, and employment agency; recruiting and searching the top talent for staffing your teams.
Our core purpose is to help create dynamic work environments for clients and candidates. We specialize in three core competencies; recruiting, consulting, and candidate services. Our recruiting process includes vetting candidates through video interviews by current C-Level executives with over 30 years of experience. We recruit for all industries and functions, from the C-Suite to the Manager level, nationwide. Riderflex brings your leadership to the next level with consulting services, including Human Resources, Marketing, IT, Sales, Finance, and Operations.
Follow our company page on LinkedIn so you never miss an update or current job opportunities!
Listen to the Riderflex Podcast - Career Advice and Job Interviewing Tips!