Finance Analyst (Assets)
- Salt Lake City, UT
- Full Time
- Finance and Accounting
- Mid Level
Recruiting Firm, Riderflex has been hired by our client, Thiess, to find their Finance Analyst - Assets!
Industry: Mining Services
Title: Finance Analyst - Assets
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Thiess is an 85-year-old, enduring company! Started in Australia, today, Thiess is a $4 billion world-class, global organization specializing in mining services and technology. With 12,000 employees and growing, our workforce has the skills, experience, and resourcefulness to realize opportunities, respond to project challenges and add value to clients’ needs. The USA is an important part of our future and we’re pleased to be building our business with its unique approach to the contract mining industry in Salt Lake City, Utah and the surrounding Western States.
Thiess Mining USA is seeking a dynamic and progressive Finance Analyst to join our team. The primary purpose of this role is to support the Assets Finance function in North America and provide general finance and administration support. The role will sit in beautiful Salt Lake City, UT and allow opportunities for some travel and exposure both domestically and internationally.
This role is critical to achieving the objectives of the business as we build a regional presence and will have a large scope through all areas of accounting, finance and administration. Through robust and accurate financial governance and analysis, this role will provide critical information to business leaders to make informed decisions about the financial management & reporting of assets.
You’ll have the stability of an established, enduring company, and the entrepreneurial spirit of an emerging business having only recently expanded into the US market.
Ideally, we are looking for an experienced professional with a background in finance, analytics, accounting, or fixed assets:
- Has worked in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Has strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Uses and encourages creative and innovative thinking and problem solving
- Has a continuous improvement mindset, seeks improvements and promotes efficiency
- Is flexible and resilient
If this has piqued your interest, please submit your resume for further consideration.
- Provide Accounting and Finance support to the North American business unit including projects and tenders in both the USA and Canada
- Support the Assets team at both the project and business unit level by providing financial governance and analysis
- Drive a culture consistent with Thiess values of integrity, accountability, innovation and delivery, all underpinned by safety.
- Always take personal accountability for own safety and being aware of the impact of actions on the safety of others.
- Ensure governing process, procedures and reporting are being conducted consistently between projects/regions.
- Implement and drive global asset reporting strategies, frameworks governance
- Provide training and support to projects
- Support and actively participate in the creation and automation of PowerBi reporting.
- Analysis of project maintenance capital expenditure and planning/forecasting.
- Analysis of Long-Term Planning (LTP) in association with project forecast & phasing, governance of forecast and reporting
- Prepare and analyze month end reports including plant operating results
- Review of project tender detail in association with actual costs and forecast.
- Assist with analysis and review of a projects’ commercial terms and conditions specific to the treatment of assets.
- Perform and review balance sheet reconciliations for all Asset related accounts.
- Manage Asset provisions
- Maintain data integrity across all systems including maintenance of the fixed asset register
- A four-year bachelor’s degree. Experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
- Requires four or more years of relevant experience.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting standards and industry practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient MS Office
- Bilingual English and Spanish
- Degrees or certifications in Finance, Accounting, Data Analysis, Business or a similar discipline.
- Experience and exposure to Fixed Asset Accounting
- Strong verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong Influencing skills
- Power BI (advantage but not required)
We are looking for a resilient, fast learner who is comfortable with change. A hard-working, team player who is prepared to put in the work. This is a great opportunity for someone to join our team and grow with the business as we establish ourselves in the USA.
What we offer:
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority. Our safety-first culture guides our overarching objective - to keep everyone safe every day
- A permanent position working directly for Thiess Mining USA Inc.
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with project premiums and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical benefits including private health insurance with 100% premium coverage for the employees and competitively subsidized private health insurance for immediate family
- 401K retirement savings benefit with employer matching contributions
- Career development and opportunities locally, domestic withing the US, and potentially globally
- Leave for all of life’s reasons
- Possible domestic relocation assistance
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Thiess is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.
At Thiess we have a One HSE culture and want to ensure everyone is safe everyday: employees, families and society. We are committed to our employees' health and wellness including the prevention of illness. Although optional, we have a preference that all Thiess employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 and other serious illnesses.
About Recruiting Firm, Riderflex
Riderflex is a global recruiting and consulting firm. Our core purpose is to help create dynamic work environments for clients and candidates. We specialize in three core competencies; recruiting, consulting and candidate services. Our recruiting process includes vetting candidates through video interviews by current C-Level executives with over 30 years of experience. We recruit for all industries and functions, from the C-Suite to Manager level, nationwide. Riderflex brings your leadership to the next level with consulting services including Human Resources, Marketing, IT, Sales, Finance and Operations.
Who We Are
Listen to the Riderflex Podcast - Career Advice and Job Interviewing Tips