Back-End Senior Software Engineer (Remote)
Title: Back-End Senior Software Engineer
Reports to: Director of Software Engineering
You are an established engineer.
Your efforts have brought immense value to your current organization.
But you still feel like a cog in a well-oiled machine.
HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO BE INSTRUMENTAL IN THE INNOVATION OF AN ENTIRE INDUSTRY.
Would you like to work in a place where ideas and project ownership are welcome?
A company with a flexible culture that promotes having a healthy lifestyle.
If you have a deep passion for sports and would love to be part of the development of high-end technology for athletes?
SVEXA is looking for you!!
Application shall include
- CV including education and experience, plus a description of in what ways remote work is a win for you, and a resume of sports and fitness experience and interest.
- Portfolio of previous work.
- Statement of salary request.
- Salary will be competitive with flexible hours and generous vacation times.
Svexa is currently building up a highly scalable and configurable system for supporting the analysis of data for training optimization and public health. The system will work on a global market and will be highly configurable to suit different clients' needs. They have a hybrid deployment that is made for being as efficient as possible. Their tech platform is evolving quickly as we shift from prototyping to production, so new team members have the perfect opportunity to make a big impact.
Svexa is looking for a motivated Software Back-End Developer. You have experience in developing systems that will operate globally. You will be part of a team developing a system for data analysis and visualization. The system has high demands when it comes to security. This role will be a central part of the team developing new products to analyze athlete training data and provide actionable insights. You will need to prepare data from diverse sports-related sources, then integrate them for effective analysis. The role also includes infrastructure and implementation of AI and deployment in commercial situations.
- Building scalable, globally deployed systems
- Productization of scientific algorithms
- Build product modules and services
- Packaging modules into client products
- Unit testing / Test Driven Development / Automated tests
- Database design and development of interface layer
- API Design and implementation
- Continuous integration / DevOps
- Third-Party data integration (Garmin, Polar, Oura, Catapult, etc)
- Mentor junior engineers
Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Degree in computer science or similar/relevant field.
- 5+ years experience in a similar role, and comfortable with working remotely.
- Previous experience solving challenging technical problems, and motivation to learn and develop these skills.
- Good communication skills, fluent in conversational and written English. Work independently, with great organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Have remote work as a first choice.
- A deep interest, experience, and/or knowledge of sports and exercise.
Required Technical Experience
- go lang
- open API
Svexa offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package:
- Fully remote working (work from home)
- Competitive salary (based on experience and candidate technical skill profile)
- Flexible work hours (but with a few daily hours to overlap CET and Pacific, USA time zone)
- Paid time off, with a generous and flexible vacation policy
Svexa (Silicon Valley Exercise Analytics) is an exercise intelligence company based in California, USA. We specialize in optimization and personalization of training, performance, and recovery for athletes of all skill levels - elite to recreational fitness enthusiasts. Svexa’s software products and algorithms are developed based on their world-leading scientific research in the fields of human physiology and performance. They provide a unique integration of sports training load and recovery data with biological profiles. Their holistic analytical and AI approach consolidates myriad data points into real-time, individualized readiness metrics to provide truly personalized insights and recommendations.
About Recruiting Firm, Riderflex
Riderflex is a global recruiting and consulting firm. Our core purpose is to help create dynamic work environments for clients and candidates. We specialize in three core competencies; recruiting, consulting and candidate services. Our recruiting process includes vetting candidates through video interviews by current C-Level executives with over 30 years of experience. We recruit for all industries and functions, from the C-Suite to Manager level, nationwide. Riderflex brings your leadership to the next level with consulting services including Human Resources, Marketing, IT, Sales, Finance and Operations.
Follow our company page on LinkedIn so you never miss an update or current job opportunities!
Listen to the Riderflex Podcast - Career Advice and Job Interviewing Tips!