Company: Archway Housing and Services
Title: General Counsel
Location: Lakewood, Colorado
Reports to: CEO
Direct reports: N/A
Type: Full-time, W2
1. POSITION SUMMARY
Archway is looking for a General Counsel to join the team and oversee legal aspects of their business. This person will safeguard our reputation by guaranteeing that the company strictly follows law guidelines and give legal advice to management about all relevant issues. The successful candidate will effectively ensure legal conformity and minimize the probability of exposure. The General Counsel will also provide expert legal advice and counsel in conjunction with Real Estate purchases/divestitures, acquisitions, procurement contracts, asset protection, and strategic and tactical matters.
2. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
A. Represent Archway During Transactions
Objective: Protect Archway’s interests in negotiation with other parties. Negotiate and draft third-party and inter-company agreements, client contracts, vendor agreements, real estate contracts, RFPs, and other documents as needed.
Why this matters: The General Counsel’s advice in transactions can protect Archway from litigation and monetary loss.
- Attain favorable terms in all transactions
- Reduce total legal expense
- Assist with transactional due diligence, analysis, and strategy (M&A activity, bank financing, other)
- Negotiate and resolve client/resident disputes
B. Provide Legal Advice to Archway’s Leadership Team
Objective: Safeguard Archway from legal risks associated with the daily operation of the business.
Why this matters: The conduct of Archway’s business can expose the organization to various threats from litigation.
- Advise executive members on new laws, existing laws, and legal rights that would impact the functionality of the business
- Maintain knowledge of the company’s legal documents and operations
- Conduct research and provide legal advice regarding specific legal and/or regulatory issues
- Review marketing materials and other communications relating to the design, delivery, and operation of our services
- Provide vendor agreement interpretation guidance
- Examine and create draft agreements
C. Board Matters and Corporate Statutory Compliance
Objective: Maintain Statutory Compliance for all Archway legal entities
Why this matters: Archway controls numerous legal entities, all of which must stay compliant with state and federal laws.
- Oversee the legal matters of the business, including acting as the business legal representative
- Draft and review legal documents and proceedings for the company
- Facilitate filings of licensing and other statutory requirements
A. Education: Juris Doctor degree from a reputable university and must be a fully licensed attorney in the state of Colorado.
B. Experience: 5+ years of experience in general law. General knowledge in employment law. Background in Real Estate law is preferred but not required.
C. Personal Characteristics
- Confidence in building strong relationships with external partners including funders, architects/GCs, co-developers, and city officials
- Expert research skills
- Sound judgment and the ability to evaluate options fairly
- Absolute integrity
- The ability to think intuitively and from learned experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Broad legal subject matter expertise
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Fluency in translating legal advice into actionable guidance for an innovative business team
- Excellent leadership skills in a high-growth environment; a track record of driving results
D. Cultural Characteristics
- Aligned with Archway’s Mission
- Inclined to a sense of Extreme Ownership
- Dedicated to becoming Best in Class
- Able to express Gratitude
4. WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Willingness to travel throughout Colorado to Archway’s non-metro markets.
- Valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
- Ability to efficiently perform job responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- The pay range for this role begins at $130,000 annually and goes to $160,000 annually depending on experience.
- Archway provides Health and Dental insurance with the company paying 80% of the cost.
- Archway provides a Vision plan as well as Short-Term and Long-Term Disability coverage and Basic Life/AD&D; the company pays the full amount of these plans.
- Archway provides a 401k retirement plan and contributes 3% of the employee’s eligible annual pay as a non-elective contribution.
- Archway provides 13 paid holidays per year including 3 floating holidays.
- Full-time employees accumulate one day of paid sick leave for each month worked, after their first 30 days of full employment. Unused sick leave accumulates from year to year up to a maximum of 60 working days.
- Full-time employees in their first three years of continuous employment will accrue vacation time at 3.08 hours per pay period. For a full-time employee working 40 hours per week, this equals 80 hours or two weeks of vacation per year.
- Prior to hire, an employee benefits guide detailing these and other benefits will be made available to newly hired employees.
About Archway Housing and Services
The mission of Archway Housing & Services, Inc. is to change lives by providing housing and related supportive services that engender a safe environment and teach community skills to families with low to moderate incomes.
Their goal is to build healthier communities by offering quality affordable housing with services that enhance the social and economic well-being of families in Metro Denver.
Their inclusiveness initiative, funded through The Denver Foundation, is part of their effort to build their organizational capacity by focusing on how they can continue to effectively address the need for affordable housing in a diverse community.
Archway Housing & Services, Inc. pledges to not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or military status in any of its activities or operations.
About Recruiting Firm, Riderflex
Riderflex is a global recruiting and consulting firm. Our core purpose is to help create dynamic work environments for clients and candidates. We specialize in three core competencies: recruiting, consulting and candidate services. Our recruiting process includes vetting candidates through video interviews by current C-Level executives with over 30 years of experience. We recruit for all industries and functions, from the C-Suite to Manager level, nationwide. Riderflex brings your leadership to the next level with consulting services including Human Resources, Marketing, IT, Sales, Finance and Operations.
Follow our company page on LinkedIn so you never miss an update or current job opportunities!-https://www.
Listen to the Riderflex Podcast - Career Advice and Job Interviewing Tips-