Mining Engineer (Site)
- Denver, CO
- Full Time
- Mid Level
Recruiting Firm, Riderflex has been hired by our client, Thiess, to find their Heavy Equipment Operator!
Industry: Mining Services
Title: Mining Engineer
Location: Project in Colorado, Fly In Fly - Out of Denver
Compensation - Salary range $86,000 - $100,300 USD
Thiess is an 85-year-old, enduring company! Started in Australia, today, Thiess is a $4 billion world-class, global organization specializing in mining services and technology. With 12,000 employees and growing, our workforce has the skills, experience, and resourcefulness to realize opportunities, respond to project challenges and add value to clients’ needs. The USA is an important part of our future and we’re pleased to be building our business with its unique approach to the contract mining industry in Salt Lake City, Utah and the surrounding Western States.
Thiess is seeking a Mining Engineer (site) to support our mining team on our Project site near Denver, Colorado. The Mining Engineer will be responsible for short- and long-range planning, oversight engineering controls and survey, interaction with production supervisors
Your main responsibilities as Mining Engineer are:
- Provide technical support to operations management with respect to surveying, drilling and blasting, exploration, reserve evaluation and mine modelling for permitting and mine planning purposes
- Conducts inventory surveys using drone, LiDAR and traditional surveying methods
- Surveys various boundaries and limits for mine planning and property management
- Prepare phased short, medium, and long term mine plans for operations management
- Plans and designs stripping, land and tree clearing projects for mining operations
- Assists with compliance issues
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Safety Handbook
- Strict adherence to Company policies and procedures as outlined in the Company Handbook
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required
- BS in Mining Engineering
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
- Technical expertise: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Vulcan, Spry
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- Listens and seeks confirmation of understanding
- Effectively responds well to questions
- Authorization to work lawfully in USA without sponsorship from Thiess is required
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results within a team environment with minimal supervision at times.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- High level of attention to detail and excellent follow-up skills
- The ability to work in a team environment
- Mining or heavy industrial construction experience considered an asset
- Ability and willingness to work different schedule on site based on project needs
- Post-high school training in a related area
- At Thiess we have a One HSE culture and want to ensure everyone is safe everyday: employees, families and society. We are committed to our employees' health and wellness including the prevention of illness. Although optional, we have a preference that all Thiess employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 and other serious illnesses.
- Work schedule: 5 on / 2 off, 8-hour shifts (days)
- Fly in / Fly Out (FIFO) considered – Preference for a candidate who lives near Denver, Colorado
- Salary range $86,000 - $100,300 USD
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Thiess is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.
At Thiess we have a One HSE culture and want to ensure everyone is safe everyday: employees, families and society. We are committed to our employees' health and wellness including the prevention of illness. Although optional, we have a preference that all Thiess employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 and other serious illnesses.
About Recruiting Firm, Riderflex
Riderflex is a global recruiting and consulting firm. Our core purpose is to help create dynamic work environments for clients and candidates. We specialize in three core competencies; recruiting, consulting and candidate services. Our recruiting process includes vetting candidates through video interviews by current C-Level executives with over 30 years of experience. We recruit for all industries and functions, from the C-Suite to Manager level, nationwide. Riderflex brings your leadership to the next level with consulting services including Human Resources, Marketing, IT, Sales, Finance and Operations.
Who We Are
Listen to the Riderflex Podcast - Career Advice and Job Interviewing Tips