- Longmont, CO
- Full Time
- Entry Level
Recruiting Firm, Riderflex has been hired by our client,Haystack Mountain Creamery , to find their next HTST Operator.
Company: Haystack Mountain Creamery
Industry: Food Production
Title: HTST Operator
Location: Longmont, CO
Are you someone that has a passion for food and a desire to be part of an award winning team? Do you have a strong attention to detail? Haystack Mountain Creamery is GROWING and they are adding to their team! They are an award-winning artisanal cheese company located in Longmont, Colorado. Jackie Chang is our Head Cheesemaker and has received 80 awards over the last 18 years including the “Best Cheese in America” at the 2017 World Cheese Awards in London.
Locally owned and operated since 1989, they produce an internationally recognized, premium selection of handcrafted raw and pasteurized cheeses. Their cheeses exhibit exceptionally fresh, clean flavors and textures—a direct result of the pure, high-quality goat and cow’s milk and the skill of our team.
The HTST Operator maintains safe and efficient operation of processing equipment; maximizing production up-time while providing high quality product that meets customer and regulatory requirements.
- Working knowledge of sanitization, operating and cleaning pasteurization equipment
- Ability to follow written, verbal, diagrammatic instructions, complete simple checklists and complete required documentation.
- Ability to read, understand, and adhere to documents and procedures of good Food Safety practices (SOP, GMP, test procedures, and HACCP).
- Dairy Plant experience preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of Food Safety practices
- Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others, works to maintain constructive working relationships and being a productive team member.
- Operate daily HTST production operation: processing, filling, cleaning and documenting.
- Responsible for working with employees and performing maintenance to provide a safe work environment.
- Communicate effectively with cheese room personnel, management and other team members.
- Handle all equipment or chemicals safely and proactively report all safety concerns.
- Operate and clean all processing equipment in a safe manner, consistent with company, customer, and regulatory requirements.
- Work schedule is projected at 40 hours, but requires some flexibility based on milk delivery timing.
- Good mechanical skills
- Good computer skills
- Detail oriented
- Good at multitasking
- Good communication and people skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to solve problems by adapting knowledge and experience
Compensation & Benefits
Pay range: $20 – $25 per hour
Starting Date: Position to start ASAP
Benefits: Medical insurance, savings plan
About Recruiting Firm, Riderflex
Riderflex is a national, Colorado based, premier headhunter, RPO and employment agency; recruiting and searching the top talent for staffing your teams.
Our core purpose is to help create dynamic work environments for clients and candidates. We specialize in three core competencies; recruiting, consulting, and candidate services. Our recruiting process includes vetting candidates through video interviews by current C-Level executives with over 30 years of experience. We recruit for all industries and functions, from the C-Suite to Manager level, nationwide. Riderflex brings your leadership to the next level with consulting services including Human Resources, Marketing, IT, Sales, Finance, and Operations.
Who We Are
Listen to the Riderflex Podcast - Career Advice and Job Interviewing Tips