Associate General Counsel
- Full Time
Recruiting Firm, Riderflex has been hired by our client, mParticle, to find their next Associate General Counsel!
Title: Associate General Counsel
mParticle is growing, and we’re hiring an Associate General Counsel to join our Legal Team during a critical and exciting time in the fast-growing “martech” and enterprise software sector. The Associate GC will be responsible for a wide variety of legal matters, with a focus on the negotiation of customer, partner and vendor contracts. The ideal candidate will be a great person first (contributing to mParticle’s culture and values) and a very strong lawyer a close second. This role will report directly to mParticle’s General Counsel.
What you’ll be doing:
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide variety of legal agreements, including SaaS/PaaS, non-disclosure, software license and partner agreements
- Advise internal stakeholders on contract negotiation and interpretation
- Assist with the development and implementation of policies and procedures, including legal/contracting processes
- Develop, maintain and iterrate on contract templates and associated playbooks and standard operating procedures
- Advise on legal and compliance risks
- Assist with various (non-commercial) legal matters as necessary, such as privacy (including GDPR), employment, M&A, corporate finance, real estate, intellectual property and general corporate matters
What we are looking for:
- A talented attorney with a law license in good standing in at least one US state and 5+ years of transactional experience negotiating a variety of commercial contracts, including demonstrated success as an in-house lawyer, with a focus on technology transactions (enterprise software, SaaS or PaaS). Privacy experience, including a working knowledge of GDPR and the negotiation of data processing addenda, a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, evolving environment on a small, but mighty, team
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with a strong attention to detail and focus on client satisfaction, and outstanding negotiation skills, with the ability to consider the need for revenue generation and company growth, while mitigating legal risk for the enterprise
- Ability to effectively prioritize and complete a high volume of legal requests
- Experience supporting a global Sales organization, including the ability to explain complex legal concepts (i.e., indemnification and limitations of liability) to non-lawyers and collaborate with internal teams (in most cases acting as the “quarterback” on the transaction), including Finance, Engineering, Product and Security
- Desire to help build a Legal Team from the ground up, including the implementation of legal processes designed to help mParticle scale
What’s in it for you:
- 100% company paid health care (medical, dental, vision) for employees enrolled in our baseline plan with affordable cost sharing options for your dependents. We make certain you’re protected, have the options you need for care, and that it’s affordable for all.
- If you’re enrolled in our high deductible plan, we fully cover your deductible through annual Health Savings Account contributions which are yours to keep. This is for both individuals and for those with dependents.
- A truly flexible work environment with unlimited vacation, 11 paid company holidays, and quarterly mental health reboot days. This also includes a hybrid work model that provides you the opportunity to design your work in ways that support you and your family.
- Free mental health coverage through our partnership with BetterHelp which provides you and your dependents with unlimited counseling sessions - all at no cost to you.
- An ownership culture where everyone receives stock options and can fully participate in mParticle’s success.
- Parental leave for maternity (12 paid weeks) and paternity (6 paid weeks) and real encouragement to take that time to bond as a family.
- Generous wellness programs, learning and development opportunities, pet insurance for our furry family members, and so much more!
- Here at mParticle we embrace the differences that make us unique. We are dedicated to building an inclusive environment that fosters respect and celebrates an array of backgrounds and perspectives.
The pay range for this role is $124,798 - $172,832 for Colorado candidates and pay will be commensurate with experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than CO may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
Employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
mParticle is the leading independent customer data platform. We are focused on the infrastructure layer of a Company’s growth stack. Developers, engineers, product managers and marketers choose mParticle to simplify the flow of customer data between systems and applications, breaking down data silos and improving customer experiences. We work with big players and small, fueling the customer success of brands like Starbucks, NBC Universal, Spotify and Airbnb. We’re growing fast and offer smart, talented individuals an opportunity to be high impact players as we scale and achieve our vision for being the world leader in this space. We care deeply about culture and our people, creating a place where you can do your best work and love doing it!
Recognized as one of Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in New York City and one of Wealthfront Career Launching companies of 2021!
We're growing fast and looking for experienced people managers to join the team! The mParticle data pipeline is a critical extension of infrastructure for some of the biggest brands and their engineering teams, processing and delivering 10+ billion daily requests at low latency.
About Recruiting Firm, Riderflex
Riderflex is a national, Colorado based, premier headhunter, RPO and employment agency; recruiting and searching the top talent for staffing your teams.
Our core purpose is to help create dynamic work environments for clients and candidates. We specialize in three core competencies; recruiting, consulting, and candidate services. Our recruiting process includes vetting candidates through video interviews by current C-Level executives with over 30 years of experience. We recruit for all industries and functions, from the C-Suite to Manager level, nationwide. Riderflex brings your leadership to the next level with consulting services including Human Resources, Marketing, IT, Sales, Finance, and Operations.
Who We Are
Listen to the Riderflex Podcast - Career Advice and Job Interviewing Tips