Recruiting Firm, Riderflex has been hired by our client, Olistica (Cascade Naturals), to find their Office Administrator!
Company: Olistica, Cascade Naturals
Industry: Bio Life Science
Title: Office Administrator
Location: Salem, OR
Reports to: Operations Manager
The Office Administrator is a key part of the operations function: to assist in the daily operations of the organization, including human capital budgeting, and facility management. The Office Administrator will work closely with the Operations Manager to document training standards, assist in the onboarding of the site’s workforce and support the implementation of various policies and procedures. Skills in typing, organization, and making data charts/tables are not required but helpful to the position.
- Assist the Operations Manager with tracking and maintaining the annual staffing plans.
- Train extensively and contribute to the onboarding and offboarding of employees according to policies and procedures.
- Facilitate health insurance enrollment for new employees.
- Support the organization’s time and attendance policy and procedures. Document and then immediately communicate any misconduct or other issues regarding time and attendance to the Operations Manager according to procedures.
- Assist the Operations Manager in ensuring that all employees have access to necessary technology, manuals and forms including the employee manual and all job-related policies and procedures, functioning time clocks, time off request forms, reimbursement forms, email addresses and Microsoft Teams logins.
- Support the Operations Manager in training all employees using the employee manual, safety manual and other job-related policies and procedures.
- Assist the Operations Manager in planning team meals or snacks, staff outings or other group retreats to both facilitate and encourage teamwork and bonding and to reward employees for exceeding expectations.
- Act as purchasing agent for facility by purchasing production stock, janitorial stock, laboratory consumables stock, and other miscellaneous items. This requires having up to date knowledge on current vendors and points of contact. Actively pursuing the most economic vendors and which vendors have certain items in stock is key.
- Submit invoices and expense reimbursements that have been reviewed and approved by the Operations Manager to Accounting/Finance Department according to procedures.
- Assist Operations Manager with the documentation regarding any safety-related events (injuries, death, near-misses) and support the implementation of any corrective and preventive measures.
- Actively participate in the plant cleanliness program according to ISO and cGMP guidelines.
- Make sure ODA certificates are up to date.
- Maintain tidiness in front office.
- Maintain COVID precautions.
- Maintain stock lists and orders office supplies as necessary.
- Photocopies, scans and files appropriate documents as needed.
- Maintain tidiness in conference room and manage beverages .
- Check mail, manage shipping/receiving, communicate with delivery drivers as needed.
- Greet visitors and remind them to sign in and take temperature.
- Greet fellow employees.
Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High School Diploma
- 1-3 years experience at each position
- 1 year minimum experience
- Skilled in Office 365 (Calendar Management, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Experience with Egnyte or other Cloud Storage
- High level of digital communication skills
- Health, Dental, and Vision Benefits after 90 days
- 80 hours of Vacation PTO per calendar year (pro-rated during first year and available after 90 days)
- Opportunity for annual bonus (assessed at annual review late November/early December)
The Olistica Life Sciences Group is dedicated to the advancement of innovative, sustainable solutions derived from nature. Their primary goal is to improve the human experience through natural products or via pathways lent by nature. Olistica companies apply industry-leading capabilities across a range of areas, including practical materials, feedstock alternatives, health and nutrition. They are a fully integrated biotechnology company focused on the research and development, manufacturing, and distribution of natural therapeutics and high-quality plant-based derivatives.
About Recruiting Firm, Riderflex
Riderflex is a global recruiting and consulting firm. Our core purpose is to help create dynamic work environments for clients and candidates. We specialize in three core competencies; recruiting, consulting and candidate services. Our recruiting process includes vetting candidates through video interviews by current C-Level executives with over 30 years of experience. We recruit for all industries and functions, from the C-Suite to Manager level, nationwide. Riderflex brings your leadership to the next level with consulting services including Human Resources, Marketing, IT, Sales, Finance and Operations.
Who We Are
Listen to the Riderflex Podcast - Career Advice and Job Interviewing Tips