Regional Coordinator (Agricultural)
Title: Regional Coordinator
Location: Saskatchewan/Hybrid – some remote work but must also be to travel to Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba areas quickly
Reports to: Director of Operations for your Region
Direct reports: # 6-10
An annual salary of $50,000-$65,000 a year
The role of the Regional Coordinator is to coordinate all collection activities within a certain geographical region. This position reports to and will assist the Director of Operations for their region by overseeing the day-to-day collections performed by the Deveron collection staff and helping the Director with special projects as assigned. The Data collectors will report to the coordinator and look to this position for guidance, training, and Leadership.
- Responsible for overseeing and supporting the Data collection team in the day-to-day operation of their equipment and the collection process. This includes Soil sampling, Imagery, Tissue Testing, weather station installations, customer Data pick up (monitor data), and others coming online.
- Daily tasks include logistics, scheduling jobs, ensuring data flow, communication of job progress to sales and customers, software support, and troubleshooting collector equipment.
- Responsible for understanding and tracking all equipment assets (Soil sampling, Drone, Installation, and Tissue) of Deveron and working with the Director of Operations to ensure customers’ needs are met. Have a firm grasp on the location of all Deveron equipment and how it can be moved from location to location to create better efficiency. This includes insurance and licensing requirements.
- Responsible for overseeing shipping and documentation of equipment to our different nodes and from our customers. (i.e., moving equipment from one node to another, and weather stations and supplies from customers)
- Required to maintain a good working relationship with 3rd party contractors for all data collection services so they are readily available upon our call
- Communicate effectively with the Director of Operations when a new node needs to be established by ensuring the location needed and equipment required
- Assist the Sales team on whether we can support a contract and understanding the number of resources available including staff and equipment needed to fulfill new contracts
- Hiring new field collection employees by conducting screening and interviews
- Responsible to Support, Coach, and Train work procedures to collection staff during the hiring process as well as with day-to-day issues as they arise.
- Assist with possible health and safety training by being aware of new protocols or procedures that need to be put in place. Communicate with the Operations Administrator/Manager to ensure that policies are created and communicated to collectors
- May be required to perform In-field collections of Soil, Images, Tissues, and Weather Station installations when needed during peak times or during employee absenteeism
- Assist in the building of and responsible for the maintenance of all collection equipment in top working order to prevent downtime and ensure we are in the field sampling
- Required to oversee and document the off-season maintenance and storage of equipment to ensure they are in proper working order for the next season (storage of equipment, fluid changes, maintenance of batteries to maximize their life cycles, etc.)
- Training of new employees and contractors to ensure accuracy and efficiency while maintaining a safe working environment. Holding collectors accountable for procedures and protocols in place
- Responsible for maintaining and updating employee files in particular all conversations (verbal and written) relating to performance, attitude, etc
- Responsible for performing all collector employee reviews as necessary
Travel (75%) * remote work but must also be to travel to Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba areas quickly
Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must have a post-secondary education (2-year diploma in Agriculture would be considered an asset)
- Must be able to travel internationally (Canada/USA) with a valid passport and other travel requirements
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Agronomy experience with an agricultural setting, specifically experience with soil sampling
- Secure location to store company vehicles and/or equipment and tools
- Must have excellent communication skills in both written and verbal
- Must have excellent organizational skills and be able to multitask several different jobs at one time
- Must have excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize important jobs moving them to the top to ensure data collection efficiencies are met
- Must have excellent computer skills and be proficient with Word, Excel, and outlook. Farm software knowledge would be considered an asset (SMS, SST, Farm Works, Agrain, Salesforce ETC.) Must be willing to learn our flight software and be able to support our collectors
- Must have knowledge or be willing to attain a drone RPAS to properly coach and train our collections staff. (Within the first year of employment)
- Must have general knowledge of maintenance and be able to make minor repairs to our collection equipment
- Must be willing to work extensive overtime during the peak seasons
- Must be capable of lifting 50lbs
- Healthcare benefits (after 90 days of employment).
- Company Incentive Program
- All training and equipment provided
- Company Phone plan
- Company Clothing Program (after 90 days of employment)
- 401K plan with a 100% company match when you contribute 3%.
Deveron collects and organizes agricultural data to empower farmers and communities with democratized information they can trust. They provide transparent, unbiased insights to help their clients make informed decisions on the variability and sustainability of their fields.
Check out this podcast with Liron Brish who is the VP of Product and VP of Sustainability at Deveron:
About Recruiting Firm, Riderflex
Riderflex is a national, Colorado-based, premier headhunter, RPO, and employment agency; recruiting and searching for the top talent for staffing your teams.
Our core purpose is to help create dynamic work environments for clients and candidates. We specialize in three core competencies; recruiting, consulting, and candidate services. Our recruiting process includes vetting candidates through video interviews with current C-Level executives with over 30 years of experience. We recruit for all industries and functions, from the C-Suite to Manager level, nationwide. Riderflex brings your leadership to the next level with consulting services including Human Resources, Marketing, IT, Sales, Finance, and Operations.
Follow our company page on LinkedIn so you never miss an update or current job opportunities!-https://www.
Listen to the Riderflex Podcast - Career Advice and Job Interviewing Tips-