Heavy Equipment Trainer (FIFO)
- Denver, CO
- Full Time
- Mid Level
Recruiting Firm, Riderflex has been hired by our client, Thiess, to find their Heavy Equipment Trainer!
Industry: Mining Services
Title: Heavy Equipment Trainer
Location: Project in Colorado, Fly In Fly - Out of Denver
Compensation - Salary range $80,000 - $98,000 USD
Thiess is an 85-year-old, enduring company! Started in Australia, today, Thiess is a $4 billion world-class, global organization specializing in mining services and technology. With 12,000 employees and growing, our workforce has the skills, experience, and resourcefulness to realize opportunities, respond to project challenges and add value to clients’ needs. The USA is an important part of our future and we’re pleased to be building our business with its unique approach to the contract mining industry in Salt Lake City, Utah and the surrounding Western States.
Thiess is seeking a Heavy Equipment Trainer (site) to support our mining team on our Project site near Denver, Colorado. The Heavy Equipment Trainer will be responsible for the training for safe operation of mining shovel, excavator, loader, dozer, grader, haul truck, water truck and other support equipment.
Your main responsibilities as Heavy Equipment Trainer are:
- The Heavy Equipment Trainer performs training to operators performing earthmoving duties on a daily basis
- Strong ability to assess skills and competencies of operators and their potential
- Strong ability to interact with site team (field, hourly, and staff management)
- Proven track record of supporting safe work practices in a mining environment while maintaining project schedule
- Excellent administrative skills for the development, implementation, and tracking of equipment training
- Minimum five years of heavy equipment operating experience (shovels, loaders, dozers, blades, and haul truck)
- Minimum one year of site training experience
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
- Technical expertise: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- Listens and seeks confirmation of understanding
- Effectively responds well to questions
- Authorization to work lawfully in USA without sponsorship from Thiess is required
- Demonstrated high level of analytical ability and ability to problem solve.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results within a team environment with minimal supervision at times.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize
- High level of attention to detail and excellent follow-up skills
- Solid understanding of business professionalism and the ability to work in a team environment
- Mining or heavy industrial construction experience considered an asset
- Excellent planning, leadership, organization and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and interact within all levels of the organization.
- Ability and willingness to work different schedule on site based on project needs
- Post-high school training in a related area
- At Thiess we have a One HSE culture and want to ensure everyone is safe everyday: employees, families and society. We are committed to our employees' health and wellness including the prevention of illness. Although optional, we have a preference that all Thiess employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 and other serious illnesses.
- Work schedule: 7 on / 7 off, 12-hour shifts (days)
- Fly in / Fly Out (FIFO) – Preference for a candidate who lives near Denver, Colorado
- Salary range $80,000 - $98,000 USD
What we offer
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority. Our safety-first culture guides our overarching objective - to keep everyone safe every day.
- A permanent position working directly for Thiess.
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with project premiums and bonuses.
- Comprehensive medical benefits including private health insurance with 100% premium coverage for the employees and competitively subsidized private health insurance for immediate family.
- 401K retirement savings benefit with employer matching contributions.
- Career development and opportunities locally, domestic withing the US, and potentially globally.
- Leave for all of life’s reasons.
- Possible domestic relocation assistance
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Thiess is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.
At Thiess we have a One HSE culture and want to ensure everyone is safe everyday: employees, families and society. We are committed to our employees' health and wellness including the prevention of illness. Although optional, we have a preference that all Thiess employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 and other serious illnesses.
About Recruiting Firm, Riderflex
Riderflex is a global recruiting and consulting firm. Our core purpose is to help create dynamic work environments for clients and candidates. We specialize in three core competencies; recruiting, consulting and candidate services. Our recruiting process includes vetting candidates through video interviews by current C-Level executives with over 30 years of experience. We recruit for all industries and functions, from the C-Suite to Manager level, nationwide. Riderflex brings your leadership to the next level with consulting services including Human Resources, Marketing, IT, Sales, Finance and Operations.
Who We Are
Listen to the Riderflex Podcast - Career Advice and Job Interviewing Tips