Recruiting Firm, Riderflex has been hired by our client, Deveron, to find their Data Collection Specialist!
Title: Data Collection Specialist
Location: Northern/Northeastern Missouri (must drive to different rural sites)
Reports to: Regional Coordinator
Direct reports: # 1
$18/hour plus potential for a production-based bonus
**Time and a half pay for OT hours over 40 hrs/week will apply during peak periods.
Deveron’s Data Collection Technicians work with Dispatch to complete assigned tasks in an efficient and professional manner. These operations typically include (but not be limited to): Soil Sampling, Plant Tissue Testing, Carbon Sampling, Boundary Mapping, Crop Mapping, and other tasks related to Precision Agriculture. Our ideal candidate can work under minimal supervision in an independent environment while also being self-motivated to meet quotas and expectations. The candidate must have flexible availability to work long shifts during peak season and limited work during the non-peak season. This position is great for those who love the outdoors!
- Conduct data collection operations as assigned by Dispatch, in a timely and efficient manner
- Data Collection Operations may include but are not limited to:
- Soil sampling
- Plant tissue testing
- Maintenance inspections
- Boundary mapping
- Crop Mapping
- Drone Imaging
- Data collection
- Maintenance and daily care of company equipment, compliance with company procedures
- Proper use of all company PPE required during daily tasks
- Communications - daily correspondence with Soil Sampling Coordinator and Dispatch
- Customer Service - interactions by email and phone with Clients
- Admin - Daily reporting and tracking details related to assigned jobs
- Proper labeling and handling of samples, Timely delivery for analysis
- IT - Data Management, creating files in GIS Software, and uploading to the website platform
- Daily logs and Tracking
Travel (100%) * This position requires driving to rural areas. Vehicle and equipment provided by the company.
Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- The season will depend on weather, location, and jobs
- Willing to be on call to work weekends, holidays, and sometimes 10-hour days, as jobs are received – Timely collection is our #1 goal.
- Willing to travel within a state(s), as required
- Experience operating all-terrain vehicles (ATVs and/or UTVs)
- Mechanically inclined, experience performing routine maintenance, daily care, and minor repairs
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driver history
- Ability and experience operating larger motor vehicles with trailers being towed.
- Have a place to park company equipment in a safe location (i.e. Driveway or Farm yard)
- Comfortable working in all weather conditions, cold, snow, rain, wind, sun, etc.
- Organized, dependable, self-motivated, and detailed oriented
- Physically fit, self-starter, and great time management skills.
- Familiar with Precision Ag technology and techniques, Agricultural experience is an asset
- Advanced computer skills including using an iPad, applications, email, excel, google drive, handheld GPS unit, google earth, website platforms, GIS software
- Capable of working independently and in teams
- Must complete the Company Training program and follow the guidelines set in the Company Operations Manual
- Have, or can obtain, a Part 107 Drone Pilot License
- Experience with Rotary and fixed-wing drones
- Experience with different flight software platforms
- Experience processing data collected from Drone flights
- Healthcare benefits (after 90 days of employment). Employer-paid 100% Premiums for team members, 50% for family plans.
- 401K plan. The company will match 100% up to your contribution of 3%.
- Potential for production bonus
- Competitive wages – pay structure options available
- All training and equipment provided
- Time and a half pay for OT hours over 40 hrs/week
- Seasonal paid time off (non-peak periods)
- $40/month towards cell phone bill
- A company that prioritizes promotion from within, with a pathway to go from a Collector to a Coordinator.
Deveron collects and organizes agricultural data to empower farmers and communities with democratized information they can trust. They provide transparent, unbiased insights to help their clients make informed decisions on the variability and sustainability of their fields.
Check out this podcast with Liron Brish who is the VP of Product and VP of Sustainability at Deveron:
About Recruiting Firm, Riderflex
Riderflex is a national, Colorado-based, premier headhunter, RPO, and employment agency; recruiting and searching for the top talent for staffing your teams.
Our core purpose is to help create dynamic work environments for clients and candidates. We specialize in three core competencies; recruiting, consulting, and candidate services. Our recruiting process includes vetting candidates through video interviews by current C-Level executives with over 30 years of experience. We recruit for all industries and functions, from the C-Suite to Manager level, nationwide. Riderflex brings your leadership to the next level with consulting services including Human Resources, Marketing, IT, Sales, Finance, and Operations.
Follow our company page on LinkedIn so you never miss an update or current job opportunities!-https://www.linkedin.com/company/riderflex-recruiting/
Listen to the Riderflex Podcast - Career Advice and Job Interviewing Tips-