Company: My Obvi
Title: UI/UX Developer
Location: Kearny, NJ (Not Remote)
Reports To: CEO and CMO
Direct reports: 0
Are you passionate and looking to join a company that is making super-high quality, crazy-researched health and wellness products? Are you looking to get out of the typical corporate grind and join a small team all working collectively towards the same mission? Are you currently freelancing and want something more stable? Obvi is looking for YOU!
Obvi is looking for a UI/UX Developer to extend their technology capabilities. This will be Obvi's first wave of Web Engineer hires and as such this position will help set the culture for this team. This role will primarily be focused on website enhancements, features, and performance.
• Converting existing Adobe PSD's to working HTML replications.
• Ability to code in site features especially referencing Up-Sell and Cross-Sell
• Updating site layouts, addressing defects, improving PDP/category page templates
• Creating innovative site features (like an upgraded collagen quiz and or a build your own bundle builder) that is robust enough to keep up with our high growth business
• Deploying code changes
• Writing clean, reusable code
• Using code repositories across various environments
• Ensuring third-party scripts are implemented correctly
• First line of QA, partnering with external team
• Owning all site optimizations
• Rewrite/rearchitect code where applicable to improve performance, stability, usability
• Intelligent use of caching
• Consolidating CSS and JS file structures
• Improving site speed
• Partnering closely/communicating with UX/Design to ensure the right balance of look/feel and engineering elegance
Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Working knowledge of Shopify Plus and Liquid Themes
• Familiar with B2C ecommerce
• Enjoying solving problems and building elegant solutions in a fast-paced environment
• Comfortable working autonomously as well as with internal and external resources
• Able to quickly understand legacy code and provide a clear path forward
Obvi's founders are dedicated to bringing regenerative ingredients in delicious drinks to the market. The variety of products offers tastes for everybody - making it the obvious choice for our customers that want to do something beneficial for their hair, nails, skin, bones, and gut health - instead of just drinking mostly harmful products.
About Recruiting Firm, Riderflex:
Riderflex is a national, Colorado based, premier headhunter, RPO and employment agency, recruiting and searching the top talent for staffing your teams.
Our core purpose is to help create dynamic work environments for clients and candidates. We specialize in three core competencies: recruiting, consulting, and candidate services. Our recruiting process includes vetting candidates through video interviews by current C-Level executives with over 30 years of experience. We recruit for all industries and functions, from the C-Suite to Manager level, nationwide. Riderflex brings your leadership to the next level with consulting services including Human Resources, Marketing, IT, Sales, Finance, and Operations.
Who We Are
Listen to the Riderflex Podcast - Career Advice and Job Interviewing Tips