Mining Maintenance Supervisor - Denver
Industry: Mining Services
Title: Maintenance Supervisor
Location: Project in the Greater Denver area - Fly In Fly Out
Compensation: $110,000 USD
Thiess is a global mining services provider, partnering with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa, and now the Americas.
For more than 85 years, we’ve operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments, and cultures. We use that insight to optimize mining solutions for each project, backed by our commitments to our people, clients, and communities where we live and work.
Today we employ almost 12,000 people across 26 projects. Our workforce has the skills, experience, and resourcefulness to realize opportunities, respond to project challenges, and add value to clients’ needs. Through our safety culture, repeatable processes, technology integration, and more, our purpose is to create lasting value.
The USA is an important part of our future. We’re pleased to be bringing our unique approach to the contract mining industry to the USA and North America. We are miners and only miners.
We’re focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best selves to work because they feel safe, included, and empowered.
We prioritize an inclusive workplace through our diversity and inclusion vision--everyone matters always.
A culture of inclusion creates an environment where people can bring their best selves to work because they feel safe, empowered, and valued as a member of our team. This respect for differences in people, thoughts, skills, experiences, and backgrounds then drives excellence and innovation.
Our advocacy for diversity and inclusion is governed by a global strategy on gender equality, first nation peoples, cultural diversity, and an inclusive culture. To support real and sustainable change, this is brought to life by our annual country action plans.
We consider the cultural and physical environments we provide; implement training, development, and pathway programs; create employment opportunities; and build strategic partnerships. Thiess respects the history of indigenous communities and the contributions their people make to society. We seek to foster authentic, long-term relationships with Indigenous people in the communities in which we operate.
If you’re interested in joining a learning organization with a focus on innovation and technology that create value for the mining industry, delivers excellence, and takes pride in sustainable resource recovery, join our team!
Learn about our history: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1JKActFiWQ
Thiess is seeking a Maintenance Supervisor (site) to support our mining team on our Project site near Denver, Colorado. The Maintenance Supervisor will be a key role in Supervising the overall day-to-day, performance, coordination, management, and maintenance, of the specified mining shift to assist in obtaining safety, productivity, efficiency, quality, service, and profitability for the organization.
About the Role
Your main responsibilities as Maintenance Supervisor (site) are:
- To be a key role in supervising the overall day-to-day, performance, coordination, management, and maintenance, of the specified mining shift to assist in obtaining safety, productivity, efficiency, quality, service, and profitability for the organization.
- Ensure employee health and safety through compliance with all safety and mine regulations, company policies, and regulations.
- Responsible to ensure proper use and maintenance of personal protective equipment.
- Direct the activities of a Mine Maintenance crew to maintain mobile equipment in a manner that improves the safety, efficiency, and endurance of our fleet.
- Review, and manage the completion of, work orders for Preventive Maintenance, Planned Component Replacement, and Unplanned Repairs.
- Assure all PM and backlog paperwork are complete to include detailed documentation of repair and additional parts required.
- Prepare reports on accidents/incidents that happen during the shift.
- Conduct daily pre-shift meetings to ensure employees are informed of safety and production issues.
- This position is responsible for signing out PM and backlog parts from the warehouse.
- Ensure that all mining employees are properly trained on the use of appropriate equipment.
- 3 to 5 years experience in heavy equipment repairs (Mining equipment preferred).
- 2 years experience as a supervisor or manager.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- JDE or equivalent ERP system proficiency preferred.
- Technical expertise: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Communications skills; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and seeks confirmation of understanding; effectively responds well to questions.
- Authorization to work lawfully in the USA without sponsorship from Thiess is required.
- Demonstrated a high level of analytical ability and ability to problem solve.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results within a team environment with minimal supervision at times.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize.
- High level of attention to detail and excellent follow-up skills.
- Solid understanding of business professionalism and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Mining or heavy industrial construction experience is considered an asset.
- 2 years of vocational training in heavy equipment repair. (Equivalent work experience may be accepted in place of formal training).
- Excellent planning, leadership, organization, and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and interact within all levels of the organization.
- Ability and willingness to work different schedules on-site based on project needs.
- Post-high school training in a related area.
What We Offer
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority. Our safety-first culture guides our overarching objective - to keep everyone safe every day.
- A permanent position working directly for Thiess.
- A competitive base salary is reflective of your skills and experience with project premiums and bonuses.
- Comprehensive medical benefits include private health insurance with 100% premium coverage for the employees and competitively subsidized private health insurance for immediate family.
- 401K retirement savings benefit with employer matching contributions.
- Career development and opportunities locally, domestically within the US, and potentially globally.
- Leave for all of life’s reasons.
- Preference for a candidate who lives near Denver, Colorado. Fly-In-Fly-Out (FIFO).
- Work schedule: 7 on / 7 off, rotating 12-hour shifts (days and nights).
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Thiess is committed to Equal Employment opportunities. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.
At Thiess, we have a One HSE culture and want to ensure everyone is safe every day: employees, families, and society. We are committed to our employee's health and wellness including the prevention of illness. Although optional, we have a preference that all Thiess employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 and other serious illnesses.
About Recruiting Firm, Riderflex
Riderflex is a global recruiting and consulting firm. Our core purpose is to help create dynamic work environments for clients and candidates. We specialize in three core competencies; recruiting, consulting and candidate services. Our recruiting process includes vetting candidates through video interviews by current C-Level executives with over 30 years of experience. We recruit for all industries and functions, from the C-Suite to Manager level, nationwide. Riderflex brings your leadership to the next level with consulting services including Human Resources, Marketing, IT, Sales, Finance and Operations.
Follow our company page on LinkedIn so you never miss an update or current job opportunities!
Listen to the Riderflex Podcast - Career Advice and Job Interviewing Tips