Event Center Director
Industry: Local County Events
Title: Fairgrounds and Event Coordinator
Type: Full-Time, W2, Salaried (120,000 - 170,000) with competitive benefits package
Relocation: We are open to out-of-state candidates and can offer relocation assistance!
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
- Exercises direct supervision over the Ranch Fairgrounds Senior Managers. Indirectly supervises the Ranch Fairground and Events Center staff, including administrative, operations, and maintenance personnel.
- Oversees all operations and activities associated with Larimer County Fairgrounds and Events Center.
- Coordinates promotion of events; including entertainment, concerts, shows, corporate meetings, expositions, and competitions.
- Prepares, recommends, and administers an annual budget for the Fairgrounds and Events Center including personnel, operations, maintenance, and short and long-range capital replacement and improvements.
- Monitors expenses and revenue to assure conformity with the approved budget and to ensure the facilities are, to the greatest extent possible, self-sustaining.
- Develops goals, plans, and performance measurements for all operations activities associated with the Fairgrounds and Events Center.
- Administers contracts with consultants, contractors, and vendors for a variety of services including marketing, facilities operation and management, concessions, and fundraising.
- Coordinates planning, design, funding, and construction of campus improvements as outlined in the Master Plan.
- Identifies the need for new or revised policies and procedures associated with the Ranch Fairgrounds and Events Center; drafts and recommends policies and procedures; and is responsible for implementation and monitoring.
- Works closely with the Larimer County Extension Office, Fair Board, and 4-H groups in planning and conducting the annual Larimer County Fair and related activities.
- Promotes the Ranch Fairgrounds and Events Center activities with civic and business groups, local governments, corporations, and potential sponsors and users of the facilities.
- Provides periodic updates on Ranch Fairgrounds and Events Center activities to the Board of County Commissioners and County Manager.
- Serves as a member of the Community Planning, Infrastructure and Resources (CPIR) management team.
- Attends meetings, conferences, and workshops as requested and authorized.
- When a local declaration of emergency or disaster is declared by the Board of Commissioners, all Larimer County employees may be required to work as Disaster Service Workers.
- Performs other duties as appropriate or necessary for the performance of the job.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- General office practices and procedures.
- Routine software and business applications including, but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, and databases.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Read and comprehend department and County rules, regulations, policies, and standard operating procedures.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees, representatives of other agencies and organizations, and members of the community.
- Regular, predictable attendance.
- Principles, methods, and practices of business management, administration, human resources, finance, and public relations.
- Review operating conditions, recognize and analyze problems, and take appropriate action.
- Entertainment event marketing, promoting and contracting as well as current trends in the entertainment industry.
- Principles, practices, procedures, and materials used in the administration and operations of a modern, multi-use, year-round fairgrounds and entertainment complex hosting fairs, rodeos and equestrian shows, sporting events such as minor league hockey, concerts, trade shows, conventions, and expositions.
- Facility marketing and sales, ticketing procedures, security and crowd control operations, food and beverage activities, events coordination, and cost control and accounting.
- Budget and financial management procedures and techniques.
- Contract negotiations, preparation, and administration.
- Public administration principles and processes.
- Plan, develop, and operate meeting, conference, convention, recreation, and entertainment facilities and improvements.
- Plan, organize, prioritize, motivate, train, supervise, and evaluate the work of others.
- Establish program goals and objectives and short- and long-range plans.
- Prepare accurate and reliable reports containing budget projections, revenues, expenditures, capital replacement, and capital replacement plans, including findings and recommendations.
- Quickly learn and use new skills and technologies in the areas of management and communication.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Public Administration, Business Administration, Hotel or Resort Management, Finance, or a related field required.
- Seven (7) experience in facilities and events management, preferably with a fairgrounds and entertainment complex including three (3) years experience in an upper-level management position required.
- Possession of a valid Driver's License by date of hire is required.
About Recruiting Firm, Riderflex
Riderflex is a national, Colorado based, premier headhunter, RPO and employment agency; recruiting and searching the top talent for staffing your teams.
Our core purpose is to help create dynamic work environments for clients and candidates. We specialize in three core competencies; recruiting, consulting, and candidate services. Our recruiting process includes vetting candidates through video interviews by current C-Level executives with over 30 years of experience. We recruit for all industries and functions, from the C-Suite to Manager level, nationwide. Riderflex brings your leadership to the next level with consulting services including Human Resources, Marketing, IT, Sales, Finance, and Operations.
Follow our company page on LinkedIn so you never miss an update or current job opportunities!-https://www.
Listen to the Riderflex Podcast - Career Advice and Job Interviewing Tips-