Sr. Engineering Lead
- Full Time
Company: VECKTA Inc.
Industry: Energy Software
Title: Sr. Engineering Lead (Software)
Location: San Diego, CA./Remote
**(Largely Remote but would prefer to be within the southern CA. area so team can meet about once every other week.)
Reports to: CEO
Type: Full-Time, W-2
Compensation: $160,000 to $185,000 per year, + potential bonuses
Sr. Engineering Lead
Are you passionate about a clean energy future? Do you love to code, and enjoy solving difficult challenges with elegant technology? Are you excited by the opportunity to help develop a startup company’s technological backbone? If yes, we’re interested to hear from you.
VΞCKTΛ is looking for a technical manager to help accelerate the energy transition to a more distributed, affordable, low carbon future. You will be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full development lifecycle, from concept to deployment.
You should be knowledgeable about developer frameworks and third party libraries, inspire the team to create exceptional user interfaces, be able to work well with a close knit team and be passionate about challenging limits, adapting purposefully, and co-creating a solution and company that we are proud to work for and that our partners, clients and community are thrilled to work with.
Tech Stack (Some experience required):
- GraphQL (Apollo)
- AWS cloud
Technical Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct interviews, hire and train new technical support/IT staff
- Provide guidance and insight to upper management and procure buy-in
- Report progress, including any changes made to plans and production
- Contribute to product design and establishment of requirements
- Delegate technical responsibilities and monitor the progress of projects
- Deliver products consistently and on time
- Oversee user testing, test coverage and report results—adjust requirements as needed
- Work closely with our project manager and scrum master during all phases of the development lifecycle
- Review work produced by the development team
Technical Manager Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Information Technology field
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a leadership setting
- Ability to work in a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment
- Exceptional communication and reporting skills
- Solid working knowledge in all required software and programming languages
- Outstanding leadership skills and ability to delegate responsibilities effectively
Preferred Experience in one of the following industries is a plus:
- Legal documents / contracts
- Document management / signing / editing technologies
- Energy systems / power generation / alternative energy / utilities
Gareth Evans, CEO of Veckta, interview on the Riderflex podcast:
About Recruiting Firm, Riderflex
Riderflex is a national, Colorado based, premier headhunter, RPO and employment agency; recruiting and searching the top talent for staffing your teams.
Our core purpose is to help create dynamic work environments for clients and candidates. We specialize in three core competencies; recruiting, consulting, and candidate services. Our recruiting process includes vetting candidates through video interviews by current C-Level executives with over 30 years of experience. We recruit for all industries and functions, from the C-Suite to Manager level, nationwide. Riderflex brings your leadership to the next level with consulting services including Human Resources, Marketing, IT, Sales, Finance, and Operations.
Who We Are
Listen to the Riderflex Podcast - Career Advice and Job Interviewing Tips